Thinking of using wallpaper in your home other than on the walls?
Like to create a wow factor with wallpaper?
Do you want the flexibility of being able to change the wallpaper frequently?
Fabulous wallpaper can be expensive. Read our tips on how to make a little go a long way.
1. Place a long strip wallpaper horizontallly along your kitchen splashback and protect it with glass or perspex. It will be so fabulously individual and different..
2. Attach wallpaper to furniture, for example, a chest of drawers, a table top or the inside of a wardrobe. Apply two or three coats of clear varnish (not polyurethane as it will yellow it) to protect the wallpaper, sanding gently with a very fine sandpaper between coats of varnish.
3. Use wallpaper to provide lovely visual interest at the back of some shelving or in a glass-fronted unit.
4. Wallpaper within the panels of your interior doors. This looks amazing, especially if the panels are a reasonable size within the door.
5.Place wallpaper within large frames such as Ikea’s large Ribba frames and hang onto the wall. Another advantage of this is that they are easy to change whenever you get bored of them. You could have matching wallpaper within the frames and on the inside of your wardrobe – all for the cost of one roll of wallpaper
6. Wallpaper your shelves – along the top, front and underneath. Don’t forget to varnish to protect the wallpaper.